Community ConneXion has become a significant voice of the Emerging Culture in the Pacific Northwest, representing whole life concepts and people in Oregon and SW Washington. Our rapid growth has inspired us to expand via the Internet so that we can broaden our coverage without being limited by the logistics of distribution.
We realize that the growing demand for information can only be met by keeping pace with leading edge technology, so we have invested in lots of exciting new Internet features. We have also been making some big changes in-house and hope you like the new line-up of services that we have for you.
Here are a few interesting facts from Nielson Research:
- In 1996 there were 35 million Internet users
- In 1998 there were 150 million Internet users
- In 2000 there will be 250 million Internet users
- 73% of web users search for information about products and services
- web users tend to have a higher level of education and income
- e-commerce is responsible for 1/3 of the economic growth of the US
- when someone buys on the web, they tell an average of 13 people
- Portland is the second most wired city in the US (after Seattle), 42% of the population has Internet access
Although almost half the population of the Pacific Northwest has Internet access, that does, of course, leave the other half of the population to reach by other means. By combining printed media with online, state-of-the-art interactive directories, the ConneXion Group Community ConneXion and ConneXion Online are able to offer a synergistic and cost-effective communication solution. ConneXion Online includes:
- all the articles and information in the print edition
- the online calendar and classifieds, which will be up-to-the-minute, and there will be no deadlines for postings
- one of the most comprehensive and useful directories to whole life services, products and resources in the Northwest
- a commercial website which provides a showcase for whole life products with no risk to the advertiser. We charge a fee only for products sold through our site
- newsletters and moderated chat rooms to bring together the eco-spiritual and holistic health communities.
How many times have you done a search through some snappy website only to come up with nothing available in the category you wanted? We know that the best way to have a directory that is really useful is to have as much information and as many related categories as possible. The first step is to make it affordable to everyone. We are so convinced that this is the way to go that we are offering a FREE LISTING in our Internet directory to every qualified holistic practitioner, as well as socially responsible and spiritually oriented businesses and services. Now there is no excuse for not being on the Internet. You can't do better than FREE!
Naturally we are hoping that all these advanced features will excite your imagination and that you will become a KEY Member of ConneXion Online. You will find that the combined package we offer of Print and Web is incredibly good value and competitive with the best of print-only publications.
We know that the secret to competitive advantage in any business is being able to get your name and what you offer in front of as many potential clients as possible, in as cost-effective a way as possible. So, we have come up with what we believe to be an unbeatable combination of publications and Internet-based services. The name that you choose when you become a KEY Member becomes your KEY to these services. Your KEY will be will be linked into the search engines and associated with your keywords, web page, showcase site, advertising copy, calendar entries and articles.
Your KEY Membership will give you discounts and preferred access to all our communication tools: Community ConneXion, a bi-monthly newspaper with free distribution, the Wholistic Resource Guide, a newly launched annual publication that is sure to be referred to over and over, and ConneXion Online. ConneXion Online encompasses the cyber edition of Community ConneXion, but it has lots, lots more:
- Super-smart search capabilities, 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week
- A free resource directory
- Health ConneXion, a sub-directory focused on holistic health services and products for getting the body healthy and keeping the spirit happy
- Other specialty sub-directories
- Personal sites with your own Internet Key and Navigation Bar that provides direct links to your e-mail, web site, map location service, and what ever else you want to link to
- Registering your keywords with all the top search engines
- A commercial site linked to one of the biggest online shopping malls in the country, complete with shopping cart, credit card processing and order relay system
- News Groups and Chat Rooms
- Web page linking and hosting
- Broadcast e-mail
- Calendar of events
- Online book shop
- Up-to-the-minute classifieds
- High visibility, high credibility, low cost
The basic listing is free. This gives you a listing under a single category with your name, location and phone and 5 metatags or keywords. We also have a special introductory offer for a limited time of a free link to your e-mail or website.
Your KEY Membership entitles you to your own personal KEY and half price services from the ConneXion Group. It opens the door to a range of other services and costs only $95 annually, or $10 a month.
For the best value we recommend our Showcase Package which offers the best features of web and print in one economical package of $299 per year or $35 a month:
- Showcase Site: Name, Contact details, Key words, Logo / Photo, up to 100 words of text and listing in up to 4 categories,
- Showcase Ad: 7 1/4 " x 2" ad in the Wholistic Resource Guide, reaching 250,000 readers
- PLUS Navigation Bar with 4 links and Map Link (free if order is received by 12/20/00, otherwise an additional $4.95/ month.)
We believe that the synergy between our print and web media will help enhance your public profile, no matter what your business. You won't find an easier or more cost-effective opportunity to address this market anywhere. We think that anyone who doesn't take the Internet seriously is taking a big risk, so we have taken the first step to put our community of like-minded people on the Web. Just as importantly, our directories are a service to the community that we offer with pleasure. Thank you for providing us with the information about your work, and please feel free to update it at any time. We have tried to make the directory as complete as possible, but it will naturally be constantly growing and changing. We ask for your help in keeping it up to date and letting us know of anyone you think should be included.
Please provide us with the following information:
- Contact Name
- Business/Professional Name
- Year Established
- City, State, Zip
- Cell Phone
- Web address
- Description of work/business (first 5 words go into free listing)
- Categories for listing (prioritize)
Feel free to call us at Community ConneXion
if you have any questions: (503) 810-8382.