Prayer for A New Millennium
- I call upon Your Power, Wisdom and Compassion...
- The Power that calls the universe into form ~
- The Wisdom that brings forth order and balance ~
- The Compassion that establishes healing, justice
- and beloved community.
- Make me aware of my own prejudices.
Shine a light upon any forms of violence,
- in thought, word or deed,
- in which I am engaging.
- Grow in me the seeds of nonviolence.
Teach me in the ways of peacemaking.
Show me daily how I can do my part to fulfill humanity's dream
- of peace on earth.
- Through the growing practice of nonviolence,
I stand firm in my belief that it is truly possible for all people
- to live in freedom, justice, and plenty.
- I pray for Divine Direction.
I commit to do my part.
I know the future of our planet and all people
- depend upon this great mission.
~~ Mary Manin Morrissey