DID YOU KNOW?
- Portland is the second most wired city in the US (after Seattle)
- 42% of Portland's population has Internet access
- In 1998 there were 150 million Internet users
- In 2000 there will be 250 million Internet users
- 73% of web users search for information about products and services
- web users tend to have a higher level of education and income
- e-commerce is responsible for 1/3 of the economic growth of the US
- when someone buys on the web, they tell an average of 13 people
If we needed any further convincing to invest heavily in the Internet, these statistics from Nielson Research would have done it. We understood that the growing demand for information within the Whole Life community can only be met by keeping pace with leading edge technology, so we have invested in lots of exciting new Internet features. We can now broaden both our range of features and our geographical coverage without being limited by the logistics of distribution.
We have also been making some big changes in-house and hope you like the new line-up of services that we have for you. By integrating our print media with online, state-of-the-art search and linking capabilities, we can offer interactive directories, calendar of events, classifieds, forums, newsletters, books and article libraries, to name a few. We will also bring you a selection of the hottest, funniest and most useful links on the Internet.
The cyber edition of Community ConneXion will include:
- all the articles and information in the print edition
- the online calendar and classifieds, which YOU can update! No deadlines for postings!
- one of the most comprehensive and useful directories to whole life services, products and resources in the Northwest
- newsletters and moderated forums to bring together the eco-spiritual and holistic health communities
- a commercial website which provides a showcase for whole life products with no risk to the advertiser.
There is no fee to list a product, and only a modest fee when products are sold through our site;
How many times have you done a search through some snappy website only to come up with nothing available in the category you wanted? We know that the best way to have a directory that is really useful is to have as much information and as many related categories as possible. The first step is to make it affordable to everyone. We are so convinced that this is the way to go that we are offering a FREE LISTING in our Internet directory to every qualified holistic practitioner, as well as socially responsible and spiritually oriented businesses and services. Now there is no excuse for not being on the Internet. You can't do better than FREE!
The free listing includes: your own or company name, 5 keywords that someone searching the directory might use to find a service like yours, your city/town, phone number and, for a limited time, one free link to your e-mail or website.
Naturally we are hoping that our website with all these advanced features will excite your imagination and that you will become a KEY Member of ConneXion Online.
When you become a KEY Member you join the Community ConneXion family and are eligible for a half price discount on all advertising and services, including Community ConneXion, our bi-monthly newspaper, the Wholistic Resource Guide, our annual directory and ConneXion Online. The name that you choose for your KEY becomes a unique identifier and serves as a URL, or web address, direct to your page. Your KEY will be associated with your showcase site, ads and classifieds, calendar entries and articles. The keywords you have chosen will be registered with the search engines. Anyone can set up a website, but the trick is to get people to visit it, and we will help with that. Already our site comes out at the top of all the major search engines for things wholistic in Oregon.
ConneXion Online mirrors the print edition of Community ConneXion, plus lots, lots more:
- Super-smart search capabilities, 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, covering people, events, classifieds, articles, books, forums and things we haven't even thought of ...yet
- A free resource directory with online registration
- Seven "ConneXions" directories ranging from Health, Lifestyles & Education to Spiritual and Business.
- Personal sites with your own Internet Key and Navigation Bar that provides direct links to your e-mail, web site, map location service, and what ever else you want to link to
- A commercial site linked to one of the biggest online shopping malls in the country, complete with shopping cart, credit card processing and order relay system
- News Groups and Forums
- Web page linking and hosting
- Broadcast e-mail
- Potentially the most up to date calendar of wholistic events in town
- Online book shop
- Up-to-the-minute classifieds
Where else can you get such high visibility and credibility at such a low cost?
Check out the Rate Sheet. You will find that the combined package we offer of Print and Web is Incredibly good value and competitive with the best of print-only publications.
- The basic listing is free
- Your KEY Membership costs only $95 annually, or $10 a month.
- The Showcase Package which combines a 7 1/4" x 2" ad in the Wholistic Resource Guide and a Showcase webpage for $299 per year or $35 a month (member price).
- We will include a Navigation Bar with 4 links and a Map Link (free for this introductory period, otherwise an additional $4.95/month.)
- If you can't take the plunge yet, look at our menu of easy-to-afford options.
We believe that the synergy between our print and web media will help enhance your public profile, no matter what your business. You won't find an easier or more cost-effective opportunity to address this market anywhere. We think that anyone who doesn't take the Internet seriously is taking a big risk, so we have taken the first step to put our community of like-minded people on the Web. Just as importantly, our directories are a service to the community that we offer with pleasure. Thank you for providing us with the information about your work, and please feel free to update it at any time. We have tried to make the directory as complete as possible, but it will naturally be constantly growing and changing. We ask for your help in keeping it up to date and letting us know of anyone you think should be included.
Feel free to call us at Community ConneXion if you have any questions: (503) 222 9400 or 286 5402 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.