Healing can occur through the vibrations and rhythms that help you reach a state of blissful consciousness or equilibrium.
Friday, February 4, 2000 7:30 - 9:30 PM ($15)
Saturday, February 5, 2000 9AM - 4 PM ($45 includes Friday night)
sponsored by A Season For Nonviolence
Kokomon Clottey & Aeeshah Ababio-Clottey
Authors of Beyond Fear: 12 Spiritual Keys to Racial Healing
Participants in this workshop will:
- Experience Powerful, Mindful Drumming Meditation.
- Encounter the heart beat of humanity and engage in deep authentic communication that will heal the heart of diversity.
- Transcend above the battleground of "attack and defense" inherited from our ancestral wounds.
- Remove the blocks that prevent us from experiencing our true spiritual being.
Aeesha and Kokomon work with the The Attitudinal Healing Connection, a non-profit organization founded in 1989 in Oakland, California. AHC operates with the belief that violence hurts. The mission of AHC is to eliminate violence in individual lives: the lives of children, families and communities with the understanding that health is inner peace and healing is letting go of fear.
The goal of Attitudinal Healing Connection is to provide education and support that will aid in the shift in perception from fear to love. AHC's aim is to:
- Foster communication and understanding in our global village...
- Inspire all to rise to their highest potential...
- Enlighten all to recognize that the essence of our being is love...
What is Attitudinal Healing?
The founders of AHC believe that the problem of racism is intricately related to the problem of separation, of feeling different than and separate from -- this is a spiritual dilemma. As such, AHC supporters are aware of a deep need for a spiritual approach to healing this disease. Attitudinal Healing is the belief that the purpose of all communication is for joining -- and not for separation. It is the understanding that everyone is not only responsible for his or her own thoughts, but that each person is responsible for the feelings he or she experiences.
Attitudinal Healing is the process of learning to let go of painful, fearful attitudes about life experiences. It is learning to choose love and not fear, peace rather than conflict, and how to forgive others. In forgiving others, we forgive ourselves.
The Principles of Attitudinal Healing
- The essence of our being is love.
- Health is inner peace. Healing is letting go of fear.
- Giving and receiving are the same.
- We can let go of the past and of the future.
- Now is the only time there is, and each instant is for giving.
- We can learn to love ourselves and others by forgiving, rather than by judging.
- We can become love finders rather than fault finders.
- We can choose and direct ourselves to be peaceful inside, regardless of what is happening outside.
- We are students and teachers to each other.
- We can focus on the whole of life, rather than the fragments.
- Since love is eternal, change need not be viewed as fearful.
- We can always perceive others as either extending love or giving a call for help.
AHC is a project dedicated to healing the negative effects of racism.
The Attitudinal Healing Connection feels strongly that institutionalized and internalized racism is a life-threatening illness in our society. The Racial Healing Project offers educational and emotional support programs to the general public, while focusing on the exploration and healing of racial divisions. We urgently need to do the heart work that will heal the ethnic and racial strife which threatens individuals, communities, national peace, and the environment.
AHC is based on the idea that current racial and ethnic relationship is catastrophic because of our fear of the "other" and our painful collective history. Through workshops, trainings, and conferences, the Racial Healing Project applies the principles and processes of attitudinal healing to the issues of ethnic tension and racial conflict. In the workshops we do the following:
- Explore attitudes and beliefs about cultural and ethnic differences.
- Engage in deep dialogue that allows authentic communication.
- Harmonize emotions through ritual and African drumming.
- Transcend the hopeless cycle of "attack and defense" by doing the work of forgiveness.
To encourage coexistence and build safe communities, the Attitudinal Healing Connection offers free monthly Racial Healing Circles. Similar circles are planned for this area. For information on the Mystic Vision workshop call 503-244-7957. Mystic Vision Workshop Location: Living Enrichment Center, 29500 SW Grahams Ferry Road, Wilsonville, OR 97070. For directions call 503-682-5683. More information on this workshop and other projects can be viewed over the Internet. Contact Attitudinal Healing Center: www.ancestralhealing.com or email: Healco@aol.com, or A Season for Nonviolence: www.gandhiking.com or email: email@example.com.